Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Back in Business

Somehow we managed to bust the charging cord for the laptop. I have no idea how that happens, but it did and it took down the laptop. And getting a new cord was sort of a priority, but because it wasn't a definite priority, it was easy to put off getting a new cord.

Then winter break was over and Carson went back to school. And guess what! The need for a working laptop became a top priority. So off to Best Buy I went on Monday to replace the charger. I took the old charger with me and had a blue-shirted guy in the computer section offer advice on which cord to buy. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. Not one of the 7 tips included with the charger worked on our laptop. Of course it was too late on Monday to return the cord & look for another.

Last night Dave and I returned to Best Buy. This time we brought not only the broken charger, but also the laptop. We sat on the floor of Best Buy in the aisle were the charging units are sold and opened every single option, trying each one. Fortunately we were able to find one that worked!

I did mention Dave went with me on the second trip, right? Well, I think Best Buy is like Costco for Dave--he is prone to impulse purchases at both establishments. So last night we came home with not only a charger for a laptop but a sweet wireless printer.

So what will be the first project for the newly re-charged laptop and sweet wireless printer? Putting together Carson's senior portfolio. Wish us luck.

No comments: