Monday, March 17, 2014

Update from Kate

Katelyn makes furry friends everywhere she goes.

 
So yeah. Miracle baptism. There was this investigator named Dean and he had been an active nonmember for like 15 years. Crazy. He had refused all that time to join the church, not exactly sure why but that's what he did. His daughter turned 8 a few months ago and had a date set for her baptism but then refused to be baptized unless her dad would do it. Even after hearing this he still refused to convert. THEN all of a sudden he did a 180 flip. He talked to the bishop and asked if he could be baptized. (this was the crazy week one) but he never had the missionary discussions, so he wasn't ready (the interview went very badly). When people asked him if he'd had the lessons he said yes, because he thought they were talking about church lessons. So we started teaching him. Even in the week that we taught him he changed. BIG TIME!! So like I said, miracle baptism. It was funny. On the last lesson, his wife had called asking what it would be on, we told her it would be the commandments and Dean said "Yeah, I think I'm good on the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity, so you can just skip over those if you want." Well we did and at the end of the lesson he goes, "Umm... What about tattoos? Because I just got this one this morning.." I'll send you a pic of it. It was fake, obviously, but I died! I was laughing so hard! Weird to think that a few months previous he was slamming the door in my companion's face and now he's joking with us!

Can you tell what dog that is? I have another picture of it that I'll send. I'm allowed on Facebook 1 hour everyday except for Mondays. That's why I haven't been able to post any pictures on Facebook yet, because we only really have access to the computers on Mondays because that's when the Family History room is open. The person who's supposed to give us the key to it is very old and keeps forgetting. I didn't see that grandpa was learning how to quilt. I have to unfollow everyone except missionaries. The online rules are very strict.

I don't go to the Mission Home. With mail that's sent there they give it to the Zone leaders who cover my area. We have Zone meetings every Tuesday and Wednesday. I was starting to worry I had put the wrong address on the letters because I hadn't heard anything from you. Also, I need my inhaler.. Can you get a refill for me. We had to bike to Dean's interview, which was about a 4 mile bike, but we were running late so we were booking it and my asthma was acting up. Luckily the zone leader was there and he heard my breathing and it scored us 100 extra miles! So I guess asthma was a good thing this time.

The days are very busy. I'm running out of time for the computer, but I'll send you a pic of a typical day next week.

~Sister Graham
 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Fun to hear about Kate. Amazing baptism. Sounds like she is busy and enjoying it. Thanks for sharing

Grandma W said...

I think the dog is a bouvier de Flandres - herding/guard dog from the French-Belgian region of Europe. They are supposed to have a quirky sense of humor.