Saturday, June 28, 2014

Another Weird Dream

Urban myth says that drinking apple juice prior to bed can make vivid, strange dreams. I don't know about that since I hate apple juice, but it seems that for me, eating frozen dairy products after 8 p.m. causes me to have strange dreams. Wednesday night I had frozen yogurt and a strange dream in the early hours of Thursday morning. Last night I had a mini Blizzard and then another strange dream in this morning's early hours. I think I better lay off the frozen concoctions after 8 p.m.

Anyway, the dream...

This time I am at home and all of the sudden appears in my home a woman that I don't even know, but I really enjoy reading her blog. She is driving back to Utah from California via Seattle and Spokane. She said she had family in Seattle she wanted to visit and then decided Spokane would be a good overnight spot. When I asked if she was planning on staying at my house, she said she was hoping that I would offer. So there I am, with my house in the usual state of disarray (clothes that need to folded, dishes stacked on the counter, bathrooms that could use some cleaning, etc), trying to figure out where I am going to have Nor and her 3 children sleep. And even though I should be stressed out about unexpected guests, I find myself a bit elated to have Nor spending the night at my house. Her little girl somehow manages to find stashes of candy and every time I turn around she has more candy. Her boys think our backyard is a forest adventure and they somehow get lost in the bushes on the side of the house. Aside from the initial invitation to spend the night, I don't really remember talking much with Nor, which is terribly disappointing because I think she is a fascinating woman (at least that is the persona I think she portrays on her blog).

The next thing I know we are all battling this evil guy who is trying to link everyone with, what appears to be, giant jumper cables. Katelyn makes a brief appearance at this point, but it is to only ask about her clothes and where they all went. Nor's little kids think fighting the bad guy is the best part of their trip and are only disappointed when we defeat the bad guy because they know that the bad guy's defeat means their trip is done.

And at that point I woke up to a very raucous thunderstorm roaring outside my bedroom window.

No comments: