Monday, July 7, 2014

Oh, Hello July!

July, so far you are off to a really good start!

I have been greeted with beautiful sunrises every morning. I love starting my day seeing the beauty of the world that Heavenly Father has created bathed in the golden hues of the early morning sun.

Carson had his broken nose fixed on the second day of July. He did great. The facial swelling was a little more than he anticipated, but at least it seems to be resolving quickly. The best part? He wasn't grumpy! Not even one day. That in and of itself is a small tender mercy from Heavenly Father.

The third day of July was another birthday for me. 43 years. And how did I spend it? By doing many of the things I enjoy most--biking with a friend, followed by a run with other friends, lunch with my mom and dad, taking a nap, and then finishing the day with dessert at the Melting Pot with my honey. It honestly probably one of the best birthdays in recent history. I removed all expectations for the day and just enjoyed every single moment.

July, you are going to be jam packed with even more activities and before I know it, you will be gone and we will be moving into August. I guess that is why Carson refers to you as "the Saturday of summer." But I will follow the plan I followed for my birthday, I will remove all expectations for the month and just enjoy the journey each day takes.

No comments: