Monday, August 25, 2014

Processing

I remember reading that word, "processing", as the only caption on a friend's picture of her son as she dropped him off at the airport to begin his missionary service. I remember trying to picture what it would be like to be in the "processing" state.

I found that word an exact description of how I felt yesterday.

Dave and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary yesterday by dropping Carson off at college. It wasn't too hard to process or believe that we have been married 24 years. But what is strange is this new phase of life that we find ourselves in. The phase where, if you have done the parenting job correctly, your children are now permanently out of the house. Yes, the kids will return for visits, school breaks, and in Carson's case, every weekend for food and laundry, but that's all. It's weird and I am processing.

But we didn't look too concerned yesterday when I snapped this selfie as we were waiting for Carson to finish his check-in procedure at the dorms

No comments: