Monday, January 19, 2015

Nine Things You May Not Know About Me

I recently made the mistake of "liking" a friend's Facebook post when she posted 9 things about herself. I didn't realize that by liking the post, I would be on the hook to produce my own list. I put off fulfilling the assignment until I finally couldn't take the unfilled obligation any longer. So here is the list I posted for my friend:

1. In high school I viewed running as a necessary evil and a means to an end. That means to get in shape for summer. PJ Jarvis got me back into running several years post-high school. Now I enjoy running, especially when I can do it with friends.
2. In high school my vocabulary was more like the vocabulary of a well-educated logger (or sailor). Swearing was a very hard habit to break.
3. Small talk is not one of my strong suits so creating this list has been challenging.
4. I tend to avoid social gatherings that require lots of small talk.
5. I enjoy Southern comfort food but because of my wheat allergy I can't enjoy many of those foods. I really miss hush puppies.
6. I have never lived in the South, but fell in love with Folly Beach SC when we visited there a couple of summers ago.
7. I don't mind being surprised as long as I know it is coming. I've explained to my husband that doesn't mean he needs to tell me what the surprise is, he just needs to check my schedule and give me a heads up that something may be happening.
8. I have a secret desire to open up a BBQ joint. The menu would be simple: ribs, pulled pork, roasted chicken, grits, and collard greens.
9. I think my dream job would be to be a NFL sideline reporter, moving up to analyst. I wouldn't enjoy being a general sportscaster because I couldn't care less about basketball.



No comments: