Saturday, February 7, 2015

God Can be With Us in Our Dreams

Throughout the bible there are examples of God teaching through dreams.
Joseph and Daniel in the Old Testament are well-known for their dreams.
But I'm not an Old Testament prophet
and God does not typically instruct me through my dreams.
However, for the past two nights I believe He has spoken to me through my dreams.
 
The instruction wasn't anything new or revolutionary.
It was simply about taking care of my friendships.
Actually one friendship in particular.
The dreams instructed me to be more present for that friend.
Even if it means putting some other friendships on the back burner for a short while.
That's always a tricky balance...
Spending more time with one friend over another.
I wish there had been some instruction on how to do that
And on how to explain the situation to the friends who may seem to be getting shorted.
But I guess if I was instructed in all things...
There would be no growing on my part.
 
I'm grateful that in this instance God was able to reach me through my dreams.
I'm sure He had tried other avenues, but I was too busy to notice those details.
God can be with us in all of the details of our lives.
Including our dreams.

No comments: