Monday, February 2, 2015

He is with Me in Every-day Tasks

I was wondering where I would find God today in the details of my life. I woke up this morning thinking about it. I know that He is with me always, but some days my life and the tasks of daily living are just mundane. How would I find Him in those mundane tasks?

Today was full of mundane tasks, lots of paperwork in particular. I think filling out paperwork and immunization requirement notifications are some of my least favorite, but necessary duties of my job. So there I was at my desk, listening to Pandora, and filling out immunization notices when I realized that I wasn't hating the task as much as I usually do.

And BAM! There it was. I found God in those mundane details. He had changed my attitude about the paperwork. Not only that, I was able to complete the task all the while I was managing a very busy health room.

That, my friends, was a true blessing.

No comments: