Monday, October 19, 2015

A Late Night Surprise

I had a crappy, incredibly frustrating day at work. In an effort to force my OCD brain to let go and move on, because the situation at work is completely outside of my control, I'm going to blog about  Friday's late night surprise.

Last weekend was the opening of deer season. I had settled in knowing that I was a "hunting widow" for the weekend. I never do anything exciting, or even out of the ordinary, on weekends where I am by myself. So Friday night I was nestled into the couch, blanket wrapped around me, and my favorite TV shows all queued up.

As usually happens on Friday night, I was nodding off by 9 p.m. and pretty sound asleep on the couch by 10:00 p.m. I sort of woke up around 10:30, which is a good thing because about 10:35 the garage door opened up and Carson walked in.

I certainly didn't expect him home for the weekend, but it sure was nice to have him home. We pretty much just hung out. I offered to go for a hike with him, but he said that he just wanted to take it easy. I did take him to try out the new donut place in Newman Lake. He gave it rave reviews.

Now that both kids are out of the house, and visits with them are usually short, I cherish any amount of time we get to spend together. I hope that we always live close enough that the kids can drop-by and drop-in whenever they want. I also hope that they will always want to just stop by for a visit.

No comments: